Interior Architect with FF&E Expertise (3+ years experience)
Utile is currently looking for an Interior Designer with a strong interest in FF&E to assist project teams in preparing furniture packages, and finish selections for a range of project types including workspace, higher-education, and independent school projects. We are looking for someone with a strong interest in researching healthy materials, new products, and furniture lines, and engaging representatives to better inform the project team members on material capabilities and limits.
The applicant will work closely with several project teams and have direct access to clients to understand the design direction of the project, develop FF&E strategies, research furniture and interior products, make furniture and fabric selections, develop drawings and design presentations, and take part in virtual and/or in-person meetings with the client group. The applicant should be comfortable working both collaboratively and independently on designated assignments. A strong portfolio showing proven talent and proficiency deploying a wide range of representational techniques and renderings is required. Revit is the primary drawing tool in the office so applicants should be comfortable in their ability to navigate and work within an active project model. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is also required as this position will necessitate the development of presentation graphics. Experience with Google software such as ‘Slides’ is also desirable.
Utile provides opportunities not found at comparable firms. They include:
- A broadly-focused design practice with a diverse set of clients
- Opportunities to work on a range of project types across all phases of design and construction
- Comprehensive engagement with clients and sub-consultants that provide unparalleled professional development opportunities.
Required skills and expertise:
- A strong portfolio showing proven talent and proficiency deploying a wide range of representational techniques
- Demonstrated experience with and interest in FF&E, preparation of furniture packages, and finish selections
- Experience in hospitality, including both restaurant and commercial interiors is preferred
- Interest in custom and digital fabrication techniques and material research
- Command of REVIT as the primary tool for architectural drawing
- Ability to work collaboratively in team settings, while exhibiting individual initiative
- Capability to communicate clearly and concisely, and demonstrate a competency presenting ideas and concepts
Utile offers competitive salaries, health insurance, retirement plans, commuter benefits, and a work environment that thrives on the exchange of ideas and open dialogue. Utile is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a workspace that serves as a home for a community and culture reflective of the diverse populations our work serves. We seek to build an inclusive office and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.