Architect/Designer (3+ years experience)
3+ years of experience, professional degree in architecture required, additional training in urban design highly valued. Candidates with more experience are welcome to apply as well.
We are seeking a talented architect to help launch a four building mixed-use residential project with a strong urban design agenda.
Required skills and expertise:
- Either a Master in Architecture or Bachelor of Architecture degree
- Between 3 and 5 years of experience
- A strong design portfolio that demonstrates a wide range of representational techniques and an understanding of how tectonic considerations inform design
- Demonstrated experience across project phases, from concept design through construction documentation and administration
- Command of Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, Rhino, and REVIT
- Ability to work collaboratively in team settings, while exhibiting individual initiative
- Capability to verbally frame problems, convey concepts, and communicate specific work plans
- Experience with and interest in urban multi-family housing (experience with both market rate and affordable housing is a plus)
- Experience with and interest in sustainable design (experience with Passive House standards is a plus)
Utile is a design firm built like a think tank. We thrive on solving complex urban problems in intelligent, pragmatic ways. From theoretical issues that frame policy to the practical implementation of architectural commissions, we develop a rigorous, research-based approach to finding the best answers. Our work yields fresh ways to think about how we develop and build our cities, presented with useful, compelling clarity (it’s why we’re called Utile).
Utile provides opportunities not found at comparable firms. They include:
- A broadly-focused design practice with a diverse set of clients
- A deep understanding of the interrelationship between real estate, regulatory frameworks, and design
- Comprehensive engagement with clients and sub-consultants that provide unparalleled professional development opportunities
- Active participation in business development and proposal-writing
We are experts in urban design, planning, architecture, and interiors. Our current architectural projects include multifamily housing at all scales and market sectors, innovative work spaces for design savvy organizations, and institutional and civic design commissions for leading academic and municipal clients.
Utile offers competitive salaries, health insurance, retirement plans, commuter benefits, and a work environment that thrives on the exchange of ideas and open dialogue. Utile is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a workspace that serves as a home for a community and culture reflective of the diverse populations our work serves. We seek to build an inclusive office and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.