Architect/Project Manager (5+ years experience)
Utile, Inc. is a Boston-based firm currently undergoing plans to open an office in Providence, RI. We are seeking a talented architect/designer to join our multi-family housing team to lead residential unit design and documentation.
We are experts in urban design, planning, architecture, and interiors. Our current architectural projects include multifamily housing at all scales and market sectors, innovative work spaces for design savvy organizations, and institutional and civic design commissions for leading academic and municipal clients. Utile’s work has a particular focus on how sustainable design, such as Passive House standards, add value to all of our work, especially our affordable and non-profit housing development projects, so an interest in and experience with these topics is encouraged but not required for applicants to this position.
Required skills and expertise:
- At least 5 years of experience and a professional degree in architecture (either undergraduate or graduate level)
- A strong portfolio showing proven talent and proficiency deploying a wide range of representational techniques
- Demonstrated experience across project phases, from early phase design work through construction documentation and administration
- Project management and coordination experience
- Command of REVIT as the primary tool for architectural drawing; proficiency in SketchUp, Rhino, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and other supporting software
- Ability to work collaboratively in team settings, while exhibiting individual initiative
- Capability to communicate clearly and concisely, and demonstrate a competency presenting ideas and concepts
- Experience and interest in multi-family housing, market rate and affordable, a plus
- Experience and interest in sustainable design and Passive House standards, a plus
Utile offers competitive salaries, health insurance, retirement plans, commuter benefits, and a work environment that thrives on the exchange of ideas and open dialogue. Utile is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a workspace that serves as a home for a community and culture reflective of the diverse populations our work serves. We seek to build an inclusive office and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.