Experience: Graduation from a graphic design program. No previous professional experience required.
Utile is looking for Graphic Designer to work on a variety of projects, including experiential graphics, wayfinding & signage packages, information graphics, and illustrated reports. Preferred candidates are recent graduates from a graphic design program with portfolios that demonstrate design talent, ingenuity, and conceptual rigor across a wide range of project types. Previous professional experience is not required, but the candidate must be proficient in the full suite of Adobe software, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. An interest in and understanding of typography, compositional principles, and color theory is a plus.
Utile is an architecture and planning firm that integrates several disciplines into their projects, including interior and graphic design, spatial and non-spatial data analysis, and sociology.
- Proficiency working with the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Strong graphic representation skills and a thoughtful design sensibility.
- Interest in and understanding of typography, compositional principles, and color theory.
- Familiarity with AfterEffects and 3D modeling software (Rhino and/or SketchUp) is helpful but not required.
Utile is a design firm built like a think tank. We thrive on solving complex urban problems in intelligent, pragmatic ways. From theoretical issues that frame policy to the practical implementation of architectural commissions, we develop a rigorous, research-based approach to finding the best answers. Our work yields fresh ways to think about how we develop and build our cities, presented with useful, compelling clarity (it’s why we’re called Utile).
Utile provides opportunities not found at comparable firms. They include:
- A broadly-focused design practice with a diverse set of clients
- Comprehensive engagement with clients and sub-consultants that provide unparalleled professional development opportunities
- We are experts in urban design, planning, architecture, and interiors. Some of our current urban design and planning projects include master / regional plans for the cities of Nashua and Norwalk, urban resilience and sustainability projects for the City of Boston, and a variety of projects with partners like the MBTA, Everett, Providence, Houston, and Atlanta. Our current architectural projects include a wide range of market-rate and affordable housing located in and around Boston, public library renovations and extensions, and interior designs for several major tech companies.
Utile offers competitive salaries, health insurance, retirement plans, commuter benefits, and a work environment that thrives on the exchange of ideas and open dialogue. Utile is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a workspace that serves as a home for a community and culture reflective of the diverse populations our work serves. We seek to build an inclusive office and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Please fill out this form and use it to upload your resume, cover letter, and portfolio (10MB max). If you have any further questions feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.